Monday, February 16, 2009

Holy Hormones Batman

My mood was not the best last week. I was out for blood and sugar... I thought it was a combination of the frikin' stiffling heat and humidity... the crappy Victorian bush fire vibe... the lack of any decent exercise (I went for one swim)... a totally unbalanced diet (both food wise and time wise- ahh the sugar high rollercoaster- what goes up must come crashing and burning down!)... and that huge overwhelming feeling when you get nothing done painfully slowly and a little thought starts creeping creeping creeping into your psyche whispering "you will never get this house organised you will never get it all done... you will never be able to do what you want guilt free... you will never feel comfortable... you are destined to spend your whole life rearranging and rearranging so that you can shoe horn your family into this ever decreasing space and you will battle on alone till the end of time". The whisper had built to a screaming cresendo by the weekend- so I chucked it all in and did NOTHING. And then there was the sugar... ahhh sweet nectar of the devil... and none of that lame arse fruit sugar for me! I had full strength COKE- lollies- 3 frappacino's and there is this can of condensed milk right in front and center of the bottom shelf of the pantry cupboard...everytime I went in there it called to me..."I'm sweet, I'm delicious... I have a ring pull opening- no fussy can-openers- just rip off my lid and drink in my sugary milky goodness!" (I didn't) So after trying to positively think my way out of it... fat chance my mind could focus about as long as a goldfish can remember! Trying to work my way through it... Um yeah... work + humidity= drowning in sweat. Tyring to examine the possible causes and being completely amazed by the effect of food and exercise on my body and the difference a week makes! Just giving in and going with it...had a 3hour nana nap and sitting round all dark and moody and saying about as much as 17 year old emo on a visit to Grandma at the old folks home. I wake up today and find that I've had a 'shift' in my hormones and it was actually the most KICK-ARSE case of PMS I have ever had- yeah um great- Mother Nature truly is a bitch sometimes.
P.S Sorry Les, I love you!
PPS Through it all I managed to lose a further 400gm on top of the 1.2 I lost the week before so now at 98.2kg. The weather has improved no end so I guess we'll be walking again today.

No comments: