Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shopping Road Trip

Inspired by a blog post by Shannon in the last holidays Kieley and I were keen to go check out Just Plane Interesting in Oratia and I was also keen to take Kieley to The Red Crayon which is an uber cool design store in Waimauku. We went a couple of weeks ago Will came along for the ride and Ma decided to join us as well.

We took a tiki tour going via the Riverhead-Coatesville Highway to check out a couple of other cool little places along the way but it was to no avail as everyone was still on holiday.

At Waimauku we checked out 3 places including the Red Crayon where I added another G to my collection and another shop that I can't recall the name of where I got some cool red felt Christmas Trees.

We also stopped for a Iced Coffees (not reccomended) at the cafe which I have since found out does do yummy food.

Then we headed for Oratia. Kieley had researched lunch options for us already and has it happened her number 1 choice was actually in the same complex as Just Plane Interesting. (Which also has a vineyard, Saturday Famers Market, Gallery, Craft store, and beauty treatment type place).

Lunch was pretty darn yummy K and I had Eggs Benedict and Ma had a BLT on gluten free bread- which Will was quite impressed by!

I forgot to take a photo of my lunch... it was too good to wait and Will was asleep so you take your chances while you can!

We were sitting under a lovely tree...
It was quite relaxing indeed!

Just Plane Interesting was fairly interesting although the only thing I brought was bird pegs (I wonder why?) What was cool is that they hire out their gear to film companies and theatres! If you had a bunch of money you could probably go quite nuts. :-) And it does bring back a bunch of old memories as well.

We stopped for Strawberry Ice Creams on the way home... it was a totally lovely day!

No comments: