Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Look who's here!!

Check out that leggy blonde.


It's my sister Caitlin (on the left) and her friend Margaret. They are up for the Big Day Out on Friday. We picked them up from the airport this morning and gave them a tiki tour of Auckland. Then we dropped them off here....


I so couldn't have afforded to do this when I was 17!!! In fact when I came up to Auckland for the big day out when I was a youngin' I stayed at a friends seedy dive flat that was on top 'The Pleasure Chest' and 'The Kinks' on K Rd. I don't think I need to tell you what sort of items they sold in those establishments!! And check out the view from their room- that's Queen Street just in front of that Tower building!!.... I should have taken a pic off to the right you can see the water!!
They better not go all 'rock star' on their room because the apartment people have my credit card details because neither of the girls had one!


It's totally brought out the over protective mother in me though.... my little 17 year old sister wandering around Auckland aimlessly (well she has a aim- to shop) but they came with no real plans... including till I talked to her earlier this week no plan as to how they were even going to get from the airport to town. And she was going to be wandering the streets at night albeit with 1000's of others after the Big Day Out but still.... I'm going to go pick her up. (At midnight on a Friday- it's only about 40 minutes out of my way... not that I would have been going anywhere anyway with Les away for the weekend!)

No comments: