Thursday, October 2, 2014

Will at School


Will's school had their open day while Les was in New Zealand so we didn't go because I get to see Will's class everyday. But I did take some photos of his work. Like this cow.


And a poster of him on book week.

"I am Anakin. I am from Star Wars. I chose Anakin because he's cool."

"Evil Peacock"


"On the weekend I played Minecraft. And I said to myself Minecraft is not for building it is for blowing up. At home I was happy."

" Last weekend I played Minecraft. I killed a mutant creeper and enderman snow golim. I made a house with a bunch of beds. I played Star Wars after. After I played Iron Man. And 1 day ago Dad went to New Zealand."

Will, Tama and Me waving to Les' plane taking off.

Will's Lego Hero construction.

It was Will's classes' turn to host the school assembly in week 37. Les had just got back from NZ and couldn't take time off so it was just me and Tama. Will's class did a song about vowels to the turn of the Adams Family.

Will took his turn at the podium his speech was: "Mr Donetta and the Student Councillors can you please present the Honour Certificates to our Wonderful students." He knew it off by heart from the day he brought it home to practice- he's a super reader- one of the top two in his class.

We were both pleasantly surprised when he was awarded he Bronze Medallion for receiving 30 faction tokens in his year and 3/4's at the school- not a bad effort. (Faction tokens are given for good behaviour and good work and being a good school citizen by displaying the values of the school. A faction is the equivalent of what we called a 'House' when I went to school in NZ. I like house much better- Factions make it sound like a school divided. Will is in the Green faction- Zamia. Zamias are native to WA.)  


"When two vowels go a walking the first one does the talking" Like the e in sheep, sleep and feet.


After the assembly we went to congratulate Will on the assembly and the Medallion.

 Robert got in on the action- he was possibly the most enthusiastic in the class during the whole assembly.

 ♥

No comments: