Monday, January 14, 2013

Wills Rainbow Art Party The set-up


I set up multiple stations inside and outside on the party morning. My biggest fear was that the kids would be all working in different places but it didn't happen that way which was great. I had big kid helpers so that the mums could sit back but to be honest I think the mums kind of enjoyed getting in there- especially the chocolate playdough.

 Prepared items included these paper plate angels and foil trees- a simple triangle of corrugated card covered in tinfoil and a hole punched in the top.


Santa and reindeer puppets were purchased. Decorations came from our art cupboard stash and my scrapbooking stuff. 


Playdough station - super popular!


Digital printed frames on card for portraits or pictures with felt pens and coloured pencils.


Pass the parcel. We also had other wrapped prizes. Some were for the games and some I awarded to individual kids for being kind, great art works, and being brave etc. That way everyone got one!


The bubble painting isn't something I'd do again it just didn't bubble up all that well. I recycled the pans I used to cook the cake other than that it's paint, water and straws none of which I had to buy. After we had got some of the super hero images printed the girls put away the bubble painting and put our paint on paper plate pallets for the kids to paint their own pictures.


The sleeves from the t-shirts I used to make the Super Hero Capes were put out for making masks and arm bands to go with the capes.


Bubbles- a Tama magnet!!!


Photo studio for super hero portraits.
Capes waiting for heroes.

Photo booth frame (Nyttja)- $9 from Ikea. I wanted something a bit bigger and ornate so scoured Op shops but no luck.

Whiteboard we already had and pens from Ikea ($2 a pack on special!)


Our dinosaur environment- Tama was pretty happy to finally have free reign to play with this as well. We threw out the components after the party and will now look at making a new set-up for some other type of environment... maybe a construction site?



Finally the water table with the last of our crystal soil.And the sandpit was open for play too.

All our other toys and playground stuff got packed away so nothing could get trashed and no one could get hurt by someone swinging or coming down the slide like a projectile.

No comments: