Sunday, January 27, 2013

Story Chapter 4 - the (not always true) story in my head

Graphic from Anecdote.

Here I go again back dating posts! It's ok though- I know because the story I'm telling myself says so.

Oh there are so many stories in my head. Old stories based on fact now most likely fiction that impact the way I live my life today. Furture stories- made up tales in daydreaming moments many of which I would never even want to come to fruition. Big stories with huge impact and smaller stories that niggle and bite like a mosquito, seemingly small but powerfully annoying.

There are the stories I tell myself both consciously and sub-consciously. And the stories I want to tell- the experiences I want to put into words on a page- so I can remember them and so I can clarify the in my mind.

The stories in my head impact my relationships with one half of the worlds population.
The stories in my head impact the relationship I have with my body.
The stories in my head impact the relationship I have with my creativity.
The stories in my head impact the relationship I have with my husband.
The stories in my head impact the relationship I have with my daughter.
The stories in my head impact the relationship I have with my mother. (Either one).

Huge. Massive. Crazy.

Parts of those stories, maybe the whole of the stories are untruths, lies my mind has created. Words, gestures, actions- twisted. Twisted sometimes beyond recognition.

The recollection and the rehashing of these stories can blatantly, negatively, impact my whole day if I am caught off guard.

They do impact my whole life. They shape the me I am.

There are good stories too. Not so many.

No comments: