Thursday, July 1, 2010

Three Children- Three Stories

8:18am 1 July 2010

Kieran has FIF-itis. This condition seems to ebb and flow in it's incidents around the world generally seeming to peak in pandemic type proportions every four years. It's thought that too many 6:30 starts, watching TV 1 and TVNZ 7 are contributors to the condition. This years victims seem to be particularly hard hit and are experiencing a prolonged buzzing noise in their ears for approximately 90 minutes at a time.

**********

Merenia and I had a conversation on the way to Netball on Saturday. We were talking about dangerous jobs. She went through what she thought were dangerous jobs and I added some more and also talked about how the same job can be different depending on what country you are in- like mining in African nations vs. Mining in Australia.

I was telling her about a factory in China which I believe produces components for Apple. I said that the working conditions there were so bad that in the last 6 months approximately 20 people had gone up to the roof and jumped off committing suicide.

She said: "They're gonna regret that"

I said: "No they won't because they're dead."

She said: "Well, yeah, but eventually they're gonna think about it and then they're gonna regret it.

**************

Will joined us at 3:40am the other morning (it happens sometimes) and we all went happily back to sleep.

He woke around 6:30am and said "Dorothy's crying". Hopped out of bed and went back to his bed and apparently fell asleep. He was still asleep at 7:30 when Les went to work- sideways across his bed.

When I got up a little later he had just come out of his room and for some reason was lying in the hall way with Dorothy. From my spot in the toilet I talked to Will (as you do).

Me: Hi buddy. Is Dorothy alright now?
Will: Yeah (He has changed his wistful Yessss to a soft and sad Yee-ah lately)
Me: Do you know what was wrong with her?
Will: No.
Me: Did you ask her why she was crying?
Will: She can't talk Mum.

Um yeah, well- duh.

**********
I had to leave the room while I was writing this apparently Will says:
"huy"

No comments: