Friday, July 30, 2010

Early bird or night owl?

I've discovered some interesting things...

Last week (when Les was still here) I got up each day at 6:30am and did my daily blog reading and email processing so it was all done by the time Les left for work at 7:30- then I shut the down the computer for the rest of the day. This week I haven't managed it once- we have had some busy full on afternoons and evening and I have been staying up LATE.

Last week I felt great I got heaps done and I was organised and onto it during the day. I got a bunch of creative stuff done during the day as well. I was also flat out exhausted and got nothing done in the evening and totally ready for bed by 10:00pm I even fell asleep on the couch a couple of times. But the more I did during the day the more energy and enthusiasm I had well into the late afternoon.

This week I am stumbling through the days feeling more than a little lost, out of control and off task. I can't seem to get my head in the game. Until the kids are in bed at which point I rock- I LOVE being on my own. I so absolutely completely need time where I am alone. It's one of the reasons I loved getting up early at scrapcamp and really resented it when other started coming and staying up as late as I was. (Being alone in the lounge when Les is working elsewhere in the house is so not the same.) At 1am this morning I had to force myself to go to bed because I knew I was going to have a hard time getting up and doing my stuff. But it was hard- I felt great awake and alive and ready to do more. (And I hadn't had a glass of coke all day.)

There are pay-off's to each scenario so I'm not sure which way to go- or if I can some how have a bit of both?

No comments: