Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fizz- a story about me.

So I went to the fruit and vege shop and got the standard supplies including a tray of eggs and a bottle of lemonade. I put the eggs on the front passengers seat and the rest in the foot well. Went around to my seat and jumped in the car.

That's when I heard the noise.

A bubbling, fizzing, plastic cracking type of noise.

I reached down to the bags and scrambled about from my weird leaning vantage point.

Hand we and sticky already I pulled the lemonade bottle upright and tried to stem the flow.

After a quick word Kieran jumped from the back and opened the front door. A steady stream of Lemonade arced across the car park and a puddle started to form two or so metres from the car.

The crack in the exterior of the bottle- just a tiny hole really, was just above the label and while the stream came fast it took a long time for the lemonade level to fall below the hole.

And that is how I came to find myself spread-eagled but balanced sideways, precariously over a tray of eggs holding a lemonade bottle in one hand as it sprayed the sticky sweet liquid goodness into the car park of Hobsonville Gardens Fruit and Vege shop on Hobsonville road from approximately 3:17 pm - 3:21 pm one week day afternoon.

And that folks is the totally weird thing that I call my life.

No comments: