Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Good Wolf

I read this originally on Katie the Scrapbook Lady's Blog she had linked to it in a recent post about things she wants to remember. I have kept this one open in Firefox for a week or so now and keep coming back to it.

I'm a dweller. I come back to things over and over and without a good outlet to express things or someone with whom I can openly and honestly talk things over with I find it hard to settle and move on after conflict- (especially when I have felt unheard, misunderstood or that there was no resolution and things have been left hanging). I spend a lot of time thinking about what I'd like to say if given the chance, what I wish I'd done and so forth. I know which Wolf I'm feeding- but I'm not sure how to change.
___________________________________

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside all people. He said,

"My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:

"Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied,

"The one you feed."

2 comments:

Ruby Gloom said...

I REALLY really like this, may I steal it for my blog?

Gypsy said...

Please do- you know I got it from some where else anyway so it's only fair. :-)