Monday, May 6, 2013

Tiny Tales from week 17


He looks pretty menacing like that doesn't he! He's far from it, most of the time.
This week we were thick in the mire of school holidays. Les had ANZAC Day off and took leave for the 26th and then his boss said take the Monday off as well and having him home for the 5 days certainly made the holidays fly by!



Just Chillin in "Mine bed" (NOT) with the "Mote". (remote)


One of the jobs we got done over our very long weekend was to get pictures on the walls- now that we don't have the same property managers any more we feel a bit relaxed about such things.
One of the things that went up on the wall was the mirror- it also got a clean as well. But not until I'd taken the pictures that tell the story of a little boy who has grown up admiring himself in the mirror. I love how you can see his height development in the finger prints.




I told him there was a dog in the mirror to get him to have a look. :-)



I had a hankering for stuffed/curried eggs "like your grandma makes them". Mine weren't quite at 'Grandma Standard' there was a little too much something and something else was missing. Anyone got a good recipe for traditional curried eggs?


On the Friday Les gave me a 'Day off'. It's the first decent period of time since we've been here that I have been home completely alone. They were gone from 10am till 7pm.... BLISS. Les took them to Scitech. Lunch at Hungry Jacks and then ten pin bowling. They finished with fish and chips at Tomato Lake and a spin on the playground.






Meanwhile back at home I took a pair of scissors to nearly all of the baby clothes that I couldn't part with due to sentimental reasons. More on that in another post. I refurbished someone else's rubbish. And worked at getting all my scrapbook pages into albums until I ran out of albums. A situation that I rectified the next day with the help of Spotlight having a great deal on American Crafts Ringbound albums. And now ALL my pages are in albums and I have more stashed to 'grow' into. At the rate I am producing pages that's a lifetime supply.

Les and the boys tried to perfect the egg recipe... still not quite there.

We've had the Pre-primary Budgies Jack and Jill with us for the holidays. Les took the little boys to the pet shop (aka the Dinosaur Place) and they picked out a treat for the birds.... "Budgie Delight" apparently lives up to it's name because they have completely devoured it 6 days later.




I'm hoping to do some photo-shopping with the birds so we can send some amusing pictures back in their Holiday scrapbook... but I think I'll run out of time.



All albums in their home. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... that feels good.





'Pander to me slave.' Tama loves wearing his shoes and socks. :-)


What's a day without a little bit of  Darth Vader You Tube searching?
A pretty poor day in Will's opinion.


While out on a mission I did a drive-by on the 'clothing' bins at Forrestfield and scored this little gem. The boys love it especially Tama. Super cool!







Tama (by some miracle) has some sort of awareness of when he's doing/done some business. So when he let me know there was something on the agenda the other day I asked him if he wanted to go to the toilet and he did. The only things that happened was that he looked mighty cute, very small and delivered a couple of 'darts' (farts) much to his own amusement. We're in no hurry for toilet training- he's not even two but we'll take his lead.



Les and Tama made Potato scones something I used to eat as a kid with masses of golden yellow melted butter... yum!

No comments: