Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Makes Me Happy #2....

A year or so back I finally got a hold of Stacey Julian's book Photo Freedom. It outlines her 'Library of Memories' system which she uses for organising and storing her photos, scrapbooking her memories and storing her pages. It category based and suits the way I scrapbook so I decided to adopt most of what she does and adapt it for my process/style. I started with my photos (mostly complete) and then dived into taking all my previously made pages (about 1000 of them) out of their albums and dividing them into categories. Then I started to put the pages into chronological-ish order in their catergories- because that's the way I like it. And then something happened and I stopped and boxed it all up and stashed it all away under my scrap-table.

Until a week or so ago.

When I got them all out and started to file them.

Then I ran out of albums. So the next day I went to 3 different spotlight stores and brought 22 more albums. And then I spent another day and a bit putting the rest away. And now I have this.


And it makes me exceptionally happy every time I look at it- which is fairly often seeing as they are right in my lounge! I still have a little way to go with some stuff. And over time I will change things like Will's albums- so he gets some with a little more personality and so I can use his current ones for expansion in the other categories. But in the meantime it feels pretty good to have them all there are able to be viewed... because really that's the whole point isn't it?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!!! That looks awesome. I remember having a conversation about this when you first started. I'm so pleased to see the end result of all the hard work.
Definitely a job well done!!

Carrie said...

They look awesome Gypsy, almost inviting you over to take one off the shelf and have a explore them - just how photo albums should be I think. Mine are stored in the studio, where no-one really sees them, so this has made me think about where they are to live when we change our lounge furniture and re-arrange.