Sunday, May 26, 2013

Story Chapter 21- Friend Stories

 

I thought that a good way to follow up last weeks story post about my friend troubles was to share a positive story relating to friends. 

It's fitting that I do this with a scrapbook page.....


Scrapbooking has brought me some of my very best friends. It has also consolidated some of my relationships into firm friendships through a shared passion (I'm talking about you Miss Wendy). 

So the layout above is about one of my first online scrapbook purchases. It's just a short story in a digital page which I intend to tell in more detail on a paper page sometime soon. 

But, long story short- I brought the star items in the photo above on Trade Me and then went to Glenfield to pick them up from the seller, Carolann. She had not long got home from her first ever Scrapbook Camp and she and her friend were telling me all about it. To be honest I wasn't 100% sure it was something I wanted to do and in particular something I wanted to spend my precious scrapbooking money on. But six months later armed with a car full of supplies, a paid album to do, and a boat load of bravery in the form of Wendy as a scrapping companion I went to camp as a day camper. It was AWESOME! So awesome that on the second day I took my sleeping bag and pillow and stayed on as a fully fledged camper.

And that was the start of some really incredible friendships both we people at that camp and some who joined us in the future. And it's gone on to the point where now my Mum and her best friend now attend camp and I also introduced another friend to camp as well. Now we have a circle of scrapbook loving friends that share a common passion, a whole bunch of funny stories, a truck load of memories and hell of a lot of good times.


  




No comments: