Friday, March 11, 2011

It's a hard road to find the perfect Cheese on Toast

When we were at Nanas in the Christmas Holidays she made us Cheese on Toast. I know that it would appear that cheese on toast is a no brainer you put Cheese on bread and grill it (adding various other things like, ham, bacon, onion and tomato if you have and want them). But let me just say that my Nana makes some of the yummiest cheese on toast in the whole wide world and because I haven't got around to asking her what she does yet I decided to go on a mission to make the perfect Cheese on toast. I used my trusty pal the internet and did trial 1 recently.

Using all that you see in this picture (apart from the Greengages back right).


Top left: Cheese and Grainy Mustard, Top Rht Cheese and Tuimato sauce, Bottom Lft Cheese Onion soup mix and Art of Cheese Curry dressing, bottom rht Cheese and Worchestershire sauce.

 

I have to admit I forgot to take after photos once they were cooked. :-( 
And I didn't take notes either and while Kieran and I agree some of these were 'ok' and none of them were gross these are not the perfect piece of Cheese on Toast- nor are they even the beginnings of the perfect piece. I'm holding off on  calling Nana though until I do some more experimenting.
Your thoughts and ideas for future experiments are welcomed. (No pineapple though!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a bit of mayo on the toast?

Delwyn