Saturday, February 12, 2011

What a week!

This week has been pretty extreme! Both the good end and the bad end of extreme.

I am thinking of Nana B as she recovers from heart bypass surgery.

I am thinking of Macchi and her family particularly her Dad who has been diagnosed with some serious cancer which 1000% sucks when you are in the prime of grandparenting! The only bit of happiness in this story is the fact that Macchi, Mike and the kids have been down south for over a year now so are a least able to be close at this time- being up here while it's all happening down there would suck even worse. We love you guys heaps Harrison Family and I'm thinking of you everyday.

I am thinking of Shannon, Lisa and Ehren who had their home broken into this week. Which is one of the crappiest worst kind of violations that can happen to your life and leaves you feeling like a stranger has turned you out of your own skin.

On the home front Kieran seems to have settled into high school with ease. He says all his teachers are great and is managing to get himself home each day.

Merenia also has settled into school and has friends calling her up to talk afterschool. Still not sure she is in the right place but that will have to be left to time.

After thinking that Kindy wasn't going to start till next term we received the news on Thursday that Will can start next week!! I'm excited for Will because I know he's going to love it and I'm hoping we will find some local friends for him. But I am going to be sad to say goodbye to my boy each day especially as we have been having the most amazing week together and doing lots of fun stuff and having 'chats'. Will is into having 'chats'.

On the downside we made a decision last week that in hindsight was stupid. But I figured that seeing as our neighbour wouldn't mow her lawn if she had to change into sensible shoes that she wouldn't be putting the effort to light her fire when we all have heat pumps installed. So when they cut down the tree by the letter box on their side of the drive we took the firewood left behind.

The next day when I was home alone with Will the neighbour's husband knocked on the door and said he wanted to talk about the wood- I asked him if he could talk to Les after work. At which point he got loud and argumentative and what felt to me like aggressive and threatening. Including a threat to call Air Security (Military Police).

I'm home 90% of the time. Either on my own or with the kids. I like my house and I like being here. I enjoy raising my kids here and we like being outside and enjoying our yard front and back. I've lived here feeling safe and happy for 9 and a half years.

I've put up with a lot since the neighbours moved in I get to listen to their freaking dogs bark at every person or animal that dares to walk past our driveway or the driveway of the house that backs onto their house- that's a lot of barking. Not to mention the people (and there's a lot of them) who come to get 'fish stuff' from the neighbour.

I have to have the corner curtain in my lounge closed or I get filthy looks from the wife when she comes out to smoke on her front doorstep.

I have to listen to her verbally abuse her children (both under 4) in the worst possible way. I have to listen to her screaming and verbally abusing her husband. I have to modify Will's actions because she drives down the drive way too fast every time, because she leaves her lighter, half empty junk drinks on the front doorstep and throws her cigarette butts on her lawn all of which are accessible and interesting to my curious 3 year old.

I should be grateful for the dogs because they warn me when a stranger is coming up my driveway. But last Friday taught me it's not a stranger that I need to worry about. It's the guy I have to live next door to everyday. The one who seems to be led by the nose by his wife. The wife who is the sort of person to LOSE IT COMPLETELY over things like an imbalance of Kumara to Roast Potatoes in her Roast shop take away dinner her husband just went and brought her. I mean seriously what was he thinking getting so much Kumara- she doesn't like it what a "Fn' idiot"!

So now I feel uncomfortable in my own home, I feel threatened and insecure. I don't like to go in my front yard when my neighbours are home or in the back when they are outside.

But don't worry about me because I can tell I am just a silly emotional girl who has over reacted. I know that due to the rolling of the eye's, the "whatever" statement, being left at home alone most of the day Saturday when the wood that was supposed to be returned Friday was still on our back lawn, the reaction to my having put a curtain up in our kitchen so I don't have to see the neighbours. And the sigh that I got when I asked my husband to ask the neighbour not to talk to me at all and most particularly when he has a problem with us.

It obviously wasn't such a big deal.
*

1 comment:

Cath said...

Thank you so much <3