Wednesday, February 16, 2011

He was....

....37.
.... an amazing man.
.... a respected leader.

He had...

.... an awesome wife.
.... two sweet girls, only 6 and 8.
.... a loving family.
.... a squadron of colleagues and friends.
.... an incredible life.

I remember...
.... that day like it was yesterday.
.... his smile.
.... Christmases at their house.

I learned....
.... to cherish those around me even more.
.... that you should never start a conversation with a work mates wife with "There's been an accident".
.... that sometimes there are just no words.

It's been 10 years I still....
.... think of them often; husband, wife, and girls.
.... imagine him flying that Skyhawk across the heavens with my baby girl.
.... have no words that do justice to honouring him.

Squadron Leader Murray 'Muz' Nielson, RNZAF 2 Squadron. 
18 February 1963 - 16 February 2001

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gypsy. That is just lovely. I remember him (them)too. ten years - seriously!

Delwyn