Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Language

Will had a haircut yesterday and the hairdresser was telling us that he was a good speaker and that her older grandchild only had about 3 discernible words and she was concerned. Then I happened to read an article on language development later that day and it said that Will should have about 450 words and some 3 word sentences- I'm not particularly stressed about these things- children develop at their own rate and pace and what's right for one is not so for another- I also remember my sister being very quiet for a long time and then just exploding language wise in the course of about 2 weeks she went from single words to full sentence conversations. That said I still liked is this morning when we were walking in the house after the school run this morning and Will said:
"Will likes those roses their smell feels nice"

No comments: