Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yesterday...

Have you ever wondered what it would look like if we had 7 kids? Something like this I guess.....

Yesterday we had the pleasure of sharing the day with the Dawson4!

It started at around 5:30am when Jozlyn called me up and come over to look after the kids, while she and Scott 'popped out'.

The kids woke at a reasonable hour which was nice.

We had some breakfast, did some playing and worked on a sweepstake.

Then I took the kids over to ours. It was a really lovely, if somewhat nervous, day.

It got really exciting around 11:07am when the Dawson4 became the Dawson5!

Baby Kellan Robert was born weighing 8lb 10.5oz.

That meant that Alex won the time of birth sweep for the Dawsons and Kieran for the Stockley's. And Hunter won the baby birth weight sweep for the Dawson's and me for the Stockley's. Resulting in Chocolate all around!

The rest of the day was spent watching Star Wars, playing on the computer, swimming, water fighting, running timed races, watching parachutes, and eating! :-)

It was really good to be able to do this for Joz and Scott- I'm fairly sure they feel like they can relax when the kids are with us (as much as you can relax while giving birth!) and piece of mind is a very satisfying gift to give. It was super sweet to be able to spend this day in particular with the kids. A highlight for me was the look on Alex's face when I was talking to him about being a big brother now. And when Scott picked up the kids- we had a hug and I said it was awesome- to which he replied "Yeah, it really is!"

I am looking forward to meeting this last little installment of the Dawson Family. It is awesome that he is finally here safe and sound.

It really is.

No comments: