Monday, August 24, 2009

My Morning Coffee

Mozilla Firefox has a really cool app called Morning Coffee it lets me open all the blogs and websites that I want with one click. I can set it up to open just a few on a school day, a few extras on a Saturday (like the Netball site) and a heap on a Sunday morning when I have the time to relax and indulge. Lately I have added a few new sites to my morning coffee....

Cathy Zielske is a super rocking scrapbooker who has a cool style and an awesome sense of humour.

Julie Fei-fan Balzer is another completely rocking scrapbooker with a completely different style and much like CZ she is down-to-earth and super groovy.

Sassafras is a scrapbook product manufacturer who have done what I considered almost impossible; ousted Basic Grey as my no.1 favourite brand.

I think I blogged about Colour Me Katie before she just rocks. I am hoping to do some Katie-ish type stuff with the kids in the next hols. I think Westgate could benefit from some random acts of colour. Added bonus; she's hot.

A while back I discovered Living Oprah I spent an extraordinary amount of time reading the entire archives from start to finish. The basic low down is that this lady spent a year living every piece of advice that Oprah Winfrey gave on her show. If Oprah said 'do it', she did it, right down to the white jeans. It is an incredible, insightful look at the impact of the media on it's viewers. And she's funny. And the most amazingly cool thing happened.

Just recently Gretchen from the happiness project reccommended Starfish Envy. This is a relatively new blog written by a woman who is contemplating intentional single parenthood. I think she has an awesome perspective on life and it's fascinating to look at the issues from her perspective.

Starfish Envy led me to Cry it Out It's written by a stay at home Dad to a 3 year old girl. I haven't had a lot of time to read this one yet but what I have read I have loved. I wish I could write about the love I have for my kids and the way we relate to each other and the way that every day is something special with them in the way that he does... and damn I wish I could make cute clothes as well.... can anyone I know sew me a dress or 2 or 3 (cheap).

Free Range Kids is both amazing and astounding. Chocka block with lots of stories that you hope only happen in america and also a whole bunch of stuff that reminds you what the core of parenting is really about. That makes you think about whether you are truly acting in the best interests of your kids and in fact yourself or if you've been suckered by the media machines fearmoungering and glamourisation of doom and gloom.

In the 'If I had untold time basket' I'd like more time to explore and participate in;

The Art of Non-conformity

the One Minute Writer

Just pure eye candy; Orange You Lucky

and not for the faint hearted and most certainly not for the kids the totally UNpolitcally correct My First Dictionary.

Enjoy!

No comments: