Friday, November 21, 2008

Yum- Weet bix Slice



This little gem is Weet-Bix Slice- Sylvia sent the recipe back with the kids after she saw just how many boxes of Weet-Bix we had in the holidays. It's FLIPIN' Delicious!!!

Wanna try...

1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Coconut
1 Egg
125g Butter
1 T Golden Syrup
6 Crushed Weet-bix
1 Cup Sultanas
1 Cup Sugar
1 t Baking Powder

Melt Butter and Syrup, beat in egg and add dry ingredients. Add Weet-bix last. Press into pan. Bake 180 deg C until springs back. NB. Don't over cook as it gets really hard.

Thanks Syl for the recipe, thanks Les for making it 3 times already!

Thank Goodness for Karen and Jake as well... Jake stayed over here on the weekend and when we dropped him home Karen had got Jake another box of Weet-bix... Kieran only needed one more card Anthony Tuiativake- Jake needed that card too.

He opened the box.

He pulled out the first card......

Anthony Tuiativake!

He pulled out the second card.....




Anthony Tuiativake!!!!


And so our mission is complete. And I don't need to buy any more weet-bix for a long long time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the closest recipe I can find to one I had when I was younger. Can you substitute the coconut for something else though? I really don't like coconut in slices.

Gypsy said...

Hi, I'm not 100% sure- I just enjoy eating it. I guess you could and then just add a bit more of the other dry ingredients to balance it out. It is quite a moist mixture before you bake it- so if you were to try it just make sure you don't let it get too dry.

Anonymous said...

I just made it and accidentally left out the coconut and it was yummy, so I guess the coconut is optional.

Gypsy said...

That's cool! Thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous said...

I have made this recipe without the egg & the coconut - still very yummy