Saturday, November 1, 2008

Round-Up ~ October

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

Creating Keepsakes (finally; it went via The Netherlands), Healthy Food Guide, Little Treasures and a little of Next and a Weight Watchers Magazine. And also Women's Health Magazine from Les for my birthday... I must say I was a little perplexed to receive it. But I has also forgotten that I brought him Men's Health for his birthday (it had some articles I thought he'd like to read!)

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

  • "Outrageous Fortune" Season 1 and 2... on DVD!!
  • "Click" with Adam Sandler, need I say more... I thought Les chose it for us at the video store but in actual fact Kieran had chosen it for himself on the basis of "cool remote" on the cover.
  • "Aftershock" Which was kind of thought provoking and fun to see a face from my past.
  • Red Bull Air Races - Way COOL!

What special days did I celebrate?

Me birthday me old mateys! And Kieley's Birthday too!

What gifts did I give and/or receive?

I got a framed collection of postage stamps and who'd have thought that would be something that I'd absolutely love!!!! I also got clothes, starbucks vouchers, a magazine, DVD's, Soule Mama's book, a 'scrapbook-camp-at-home' one day voucher, a Frappucino and a BLT Bagel and lots of yummy lollies and chocolate!!!
We got a massive box of treats both edible, playable, readable and watchable from Shannon and Lisa.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?

Zip, zilch, nix, nada

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?

Went to Butterfly Creek with the kids and Alyssa. Had an awesome birthday dinner made by Les and accompanied by Sylvia, Kieley and the kids. Spent a little time visiting up at scrapbook camp. I had a cool day out with Kieley up to the Hibiscus Coast Hospice shop and back down to Starbucks and the beach at Browns Bay. Had Starbucks with Daniella in the holidays.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

Not new, but a current favourite; poached eaggs with The Art of Cheese Curry Dressing... Yaaaaa ummmmm.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Cups- I brought a Starbucks mug for Sylvia- It was an awesome bronze one with a mermaid on it- I've wanted to buy her a Starbucks cup for ages cause they are so cool and I knew she'd like one (she did). I also brought one for Kieley- that was an impulse buy because the new Halloween stuff was in there- the cup has an Owl on it and is superbly cool. I was tempted to buy myself the Halloween Owl Costume Bearista but I resisted- I'm glad I brought her cup when I did because a week later they were all gone.

What were this month's disappointments?

Not getting as much done when the kids were away and Les was off work as we would have liked. Not finding any cool scores when Kieley and I went op-shoping

What were my accomplishments this month?

Getting quite a lot done when the kids were away and Les wasn't home. Actually getting some scrapbooking done. Getting a bit of Saskia's garden weeded; Yay!

Anything else noteworthy to record?

The kids went to Christchurch for the second week of the holidays and had an awesome time.
We listed the little car on trade me with spectacular reactions... we had calls within 15 minutes of listing it with offers of $700 despite a $250 reserve... by day 3 we had 58 watchers and the car was already up to $555.

No comments: