Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Round-up~ August 2014

Enjoying....
Les- some of his new birthday books, he's not here for me to ask him which one.
Gypsy- Doctor Who, new picture books, and Finding your element by Sir Ken Robinson, The Brain that Changes Itself.
Kieran- Game of Thrones, and a book called Airforce.
Merenia- The Silver Sword, Ruby Redfort, The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (Movie).
Will- Minecraft books.
Tama- Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom, Playschool, books- any and all.
The Bledisloe Games on the telly. Offspring Finale. :-(


Well that was fun...
Kieran's team had an awesome second game at Rockingham. Kieran had an evening at Michaels and a couple of days hanging out with Nadja. Will had a book week parade at school. Roberts Birthday Party and Will had a play with Robert after. Merenia's Music thing at Carine. Les and Tama went to Hillary's and had an ice cream. Merenia had a sleepover with Jayme and Cailee and they all went shopping with Brittany and Analiese. Kieran went to Outdoor Ed camp to do Kayaking and such (it would have been more fun with less rain).

Yum, yum, yum...
We ran down the sugar in our house this month.Merenia's Birthday cake was called a Beesting. It was Vanilla with a honey cream it was pretty sweet and we all agreed it would have been much nicer without the flaked nuts. Kieran quit sugar on his weetbix altogether! Pretzels from the Bakery in Melville. Merenia chose Chinese for her Birthday dinner.

For you...For me?
It was Merenia's Birthday this month, she and I spent a full Sunday shopping for clothes and her other treats. Les headed to New Zealand and scored some stuff over there. We got two new Lens' for the camera a new midrange lens and a 50mm- hooray!! A Thermos for school lunches and some new lunch boxes. A little scrapbooking stuff. :-) Presents for Les to take to NZ for Caitlin and Matt and Natalia's baby. Lots of mail for NZ, Canada etc Cam and Lucy, Ehren, Vienna and more when Les went back to NZ. Kieran got a new phone. Will got a half a big Lego set he wanted for filling his Pompom Jar. Kieran helped him build it. Roberts Birthday presents. More minecraft books for Will. I did a photo order - first time since January. :-) I made and Anakin Skywalker Costume for Will. I got a present and flowers from Kieran's team to say thanks for being team manager. Tama got a chalk board laptop which he 'loved'.

Bugger!
Les got a flat battery. Will was home sick on about 3 different days. I got a pretty decent cold. Royden is much sicker than ever before.

Hooray!
We got our tax $$ back. I made a bunch of photobooks. Kieran had his first interview for the ADF and based on the testing they did was offered any job he wanted. :-) I checked out Tomorrow's Memories in Bassendean. I got to meet another scrapbooker- Bindi when we did a PL card swap. Kieran and Nadja- became facebook official. Les finished the path- yipeeee!! Finally got my legs waxed. We passed the rental inspection.

Etc...
We packed down the cot for the last time ever. Had to get sandbags for the tramp as it tried to move house while Les was in Melbourne. I got pinged by a speed camera... but didn't get a ticket hooray.  Les went to Melbourne for work. I had a great chat with Christy- sad subject but good to catch-up. Steven came and cut the half pavers. Robert came to play. The kids had a Teacher Only day. I moved two book shelves and two cupboards so I could bring the making table into the lounge.

Seen and Heard...

Loved this discussion with Will where he said he was one of the only people in the world that could do another country's accent and that he can say 'Oh' like Robert: Oh. 

Will when Les was in Melbourne: "I have to admit Mum, that was a good dinner you made"
Tama after listening to the song 'As happy as Larry': "Who is Larry anyway?"
Tama when I asked him to say 'boys': "I can only say girls and Tiernans (Kierans)"
Tama whilst watching 'the windows' on Playschool.
T: "I choose circle"
Mum: "I choose arched"
Playschool: "It's the square window"
T: "We both win!!"

5:30am Tama very grumpy voice....
"Dad you told me a liar! This wheatbag is cold and there's no music going. Can you come and fix up the bedroom?"

Me to T: "I realise asking questions is how you learn, but less learning today, alright?"
It was only 8:30am.... long day ahead.

First imagine a little voice calling, urgently.
"Help, help me mum!"
Then imagine running to the kitchen.
Only to find a little boy hanging off the handle of the freezer door.
Swinging.
Swinging in mid-air.
Swinging away from the step stool.
The step stool he'd been using to try and retrieve confiscated items from the top of the fridge.
Imagine trying to get to him on time.
But failing.
He drops to the floor... (like a 15cm drop).
Now imagine me trying to keep my shit together so I may comfort my shocked wee dude.
Then imagine me failing.
Because honestly, parenting IS stranger than fiction... and sometimes my life is like 'The Naked Lunch' of parenting.
And. You. Just. Have. To. Laugh.

No comments: