Sunday, April 7, 2013

Story Chapter 14 - Vulnerable?


I'm not sure I know what I cannot do. If I need to do something I just do it. I've never been one to be constrained by rules or expectations or limitations. Just because I've never done something before doesn't mean I can't do it- just that I'm yet to teach myself how.

Generally in my life if there's something I can't do it's because I don't want to- like quitting Iced Coffee. :-) 

The quote above while obviously from Eleanor Roosevelt is highlighted by Brene Brown in her most recent book Daring Greatly. Which I absolutely love and would buy for all my friends if I had the cash and am making Les read (he's a slow reader apparently) and will strongly encourage Kieran and Merenia to read. The book is about having the courage to be vulnerable- which is an imperative for being and living a great story.

Maybe that's the thing I can't do, be vulnerable. I'll have to think on that. I'll get back to you, in the meantime read the book and then we can talk.




No comments: