Thursday, November 15, 2012

Tiny Tales from Week 44

Week 44 aka The Week from HELL!
The weather was HOT.
The Push Chair fell over with Tama in it.
Grandma was still here. 
Everyone got sick
We had an event to attend at school at the stupidest time ever!
Will finished up at Kindy
We made 36 cupcakes.
We had a hospital trip
Halloween





Sometimes the best things in life really are free.
After we dropped the letter in to school to let them know that Will wouldn't be coming back we went and did some more important stuff then school- like chucking rocks in the creek.


I tutored the girls in "colouring in to win"! (One Direction tickets- I think it may have just been a draw though and not judged- rats)


Love.



Waiting for Dad.



Arts Night at school. Merenia in Senior Choir and accompanying them as well.
 


Art exhibition. The art teacher at school is LOVELY!



Wattle Grove School Guitar Ensemble with their super cool teacher Mr Acott.




An unknown funky groove-ster rocking it out.



My first ever successful Omelet!



Tama enjoyed the Green Milk. Will said it made his cornflakes taste weird- I think it was psychological.


Look slime! (In his 'Scream Egg')

Not long after this Tama who had been on one of the big chairs colouring in beside his sister decided suddenly to get down. And hurt himself. He had a cuddle and a drink and promptly went to sleep. So I got these guys to bake the cupcakes for me....


Merenia who had woken up the previous morning at 4am, lay awake thinking about Jaws and then promptly threw up was home so that we could be sure she was totally well.



It was around this point the day went to shit.
Luckily I got Les home early, 
iced the cupcakes
went to kindy to get Wills stuff
delivered some cards to his friends to invite them to play
gave some pressies to his teachers
gave cupcakes to all
took a photo with his teachers
grabbed his gear
and walked his best friend and his little sister to their car.




And then I came home and took Tama to the hospital.
Where they x-rayed him and found a suspected buckle fracture on his elbow.
So they put him in a sling and we went back home.


It didn't hold him back at all.
And it was very very cool to see his amazing problem solving skills.

 
Who doesn't love a nice massage? Certainly not this wee guy.


 Token photo of Les.

3 comments:

Ailsa said...

I did comment on a previous post but you didn't see it. Didn't Will like Kindy? Having too much fun doing his own thing? :) Will he go back next year?

Gypsy said...

Hi Ailsa, Yes, sorry I did see it and I am writing a blog post on the subject that I had expected to finish last week but got sidetracked. He will go to school next year most probably Wattle Grove- but I am going to look at Lesmurdie PS as well. It's a matter of philosophy on best practice for early childhood education and the fact that WG's is VERY different from mine which aligns with the Early Learning Years Curriculum. I think based on conversations we've had you wouldn't have an issue with it. But Will sums it up in a sentence for me: "We don't have time to play we have too many activities to do". I will finish that blog post soon.

Ailsa said...

Ahhh I see, I look forward to reading it very much. Sorry to hurry you along :)