Tuesday, February 7, 2012

There's nothing like a....

....newly rearranged scraproom to get you in the mood to create! A few weeks back I brought a second hand A3+ Printer- this means I can now print directly onto a 12x12in scrapbook page- way cool! Thing is it's bloody HUGE! So I employed my brain and came up with a creative solution. The solution involved a quick trip to Ikea today- where else?? I grabbed a smallish table and some other bits while I was there and used my February rent cheque hooray!

 And then what I thought would be a lengthy process of shifting two full bookcases, one full cupboard and the change table that was also full of crafty stuff....  actually all came together very fast and looks heaps better, works much better and has me dying to scrapbook. (Thanks Les xoxo).

At this point I should mention that the printer isn't on the new table.... and in fact we're planning on getting another ($10) table to go under the new table to put the printer on. But my sewing machine and my die cutter are open and accessible on the new table and the smaller A4 Printer will get moved there too when we get a longer cable.

Today was in general a bit hit and miss. It all came down to planning or lack of and timing or lack of it. Oh and food... lunch with Les today or cheap cooked breakfast at Ikea tomorrow? (we went with lunch). Finally deciding that we were going to Ikea half wake through a 'Tama awake session' was bad timing. Catching Will before he poked his brother in the eye with a ballpoint pen as I was loading the stuff in the back of the car at Ikea was good timing. Parking really close to the loading zone at Ikea was good planning on my part. Attempting to wound his baby brother was bad planning on Wills part- and lead to me canning the lunch plans and heading straight home. Turning up the stereo at  that point was good timing for me as Will set about doing the wailing and howling that Tama was fortunate to not have to do due to narrowly avoiding the pen. Will fell asleep just before the tunnel on the Graham Farmer Freeway- more bad timing because he loves the tunnel.

It was terrible timing when they both woke up just as we got home. And a total lack of planned activity for the afternoon, plus three decent phone calls to NZ meant that Will reeked havoc and Tama was particularly unsettled.

When chaos abounds the best option is to get the hell out of there. So we also took an unplanned trip to the hardware store today with a small set of plans and got sorted out by a lovely kiwi by the name of Joe. I am now the proud owner of a spade bit that matches the width of the copious amounts of dowel that I hope to put to good use tomorrow with Wills help and Tamas cooperation. Or perhaps it'd be better if I regained my sanity and didn't attempt DIY with a 4 year old and his 7 month old brother... we'll see how I'm feeling when the sun rises.

As well as DIY tomorrow, we'll probably spend a bit of time around the corner as they are pouring the footing for one house and laying the bricks on another- exciting stuff for four year olds! And we'll be waiting on a lady who is picking up a pushchair. We'll squeeze a walk in somewhere and no doubt spend some time sleeping in the case of the baby.

I'm hoping for more composure on all sides, better planning and some awesome timing. Have a great day!

No comments: