Sunday, May 15, 2011

My current mantras and confessions of a bibliophile

First I read Soulemamas Blog and she was reading Hello Baby in preparation for their new person.

That lead me to look for all the books we have that deal with a new baby in the family. I couldn't find them.

That lead me to warn Les that I thought they were in our roof space and he should get mentally prepared.

Yesterday that lead me to the roof.

WHO KNEW?! just how much STUFF we have up there.

And now I have two new Mantra's:

"Don't be your Mother-in-law"
"Would you want to pay to take it to Australia" (Just in case Les' dream job materialises soon.)

But here's the thing I LOVE books and some of the books I have are really good and were expensive and I've had them for ages. Like David Attenborough's Life on Earth.
Some are really cool like the teeny tiny smaller than a stamp full copy of the bible.
Some have sentimental value like my 1969 copy of The Sleepy Beauty which smells funky in a nice way and I love as a kid.
Some could be handy for others (teachers and such) like my Kiwidex and black line masters books.
Some I got for doing altered books and are just plain groovy.

I don't have the time or inclination to list them on trade me with all that entails... I can't bring myself to throw them away/recycle them. I don't want to continue to store them- they won't get looked at and we wouldn't take them to Aus with us if we went. But I can't figure how to rehome them with people who will care for them.

I need ideas people!

(I also need energy- nesting only gets you so far.)


We also got all the baby stuff down as well..... I tell you the temptation to open that envelope and find out if we can either get rid of all the girl stuff or all the small boy stuff is SO tempting.... I am seriously in the mood to huck and cull! (This is not all of it. :-(  )

And looking forward to passing on the baby stuff as we finish using it. It's very nice to have that finally done feeling.... now if I could just speed up time and get to July so we can actually have the small person here and be done with being bloody huge tired and sore I mean glowingly pregnant- wahahahahaha. 

No comments: