Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Round-Up November 2010

On our bookshelf this month....

More Next Mags- I am actually reading the current month- shocker! Scored some Simple Scrapbooks Mags on Trade me and have been reading through them. Merenia is rereading Lemony Snickett again. Kieran is into the John Marsden Tomorrow series. Will is into the Gruffalo and Maisy as per usual. Les has been reading golfing and modelling mags. (Oh and he was on the cover of the NZ Model Fliers World).

Loving on the box....

Jamie's Food Revolution, The last of Outrageous Fortune, Glee, Survivor, My kitchen rules, A couple of movies: Along came a spider, and Catch me if you can. (And X-factor and yes I am embarrassed to admit that!)

For you...For me?

Kieran's, Ehren's, Vienna's, and Taine and Jaden's Birthdays. Some Photobook gifts. A teacher gift for Miss W and I also gifted the Graduation Invites to K's school. And an album as a leaving gift for one of my fave Starbucks boys. And a new TV as an early-ish Christmas Pressie for Les and I- which we will still paying for next Christmas!

Germs and bugs and botherations....

Kieran bent back his big toenail in the gross-est way. He also developed an infection in a graze on his knee. I ended up in hospital with some sort of lergy after passing out in a public toilet- classy! And just generally having the feeling of being hit by a Mack truck all month.

Today was good today was fun, tomorrow is another one...

We did Fire Works for the first time that I can remember in our 14 years+ together- the kids esp Will loved it. Will has been making 'fireworks' ever since with water exploding out of bottles and such all over the place. Merenia went to Brown's Bay with Ashlyn. Kieran went Rock Climbing for Taine and Jaden's Birthday. Les and the Kids went to Ehren's Birthday Party while I went to Vienna's. We went to Laser Force for Kieran's Birthday. Les and the kids went to the School Gala while I went to an all day crop at Carolanns. Les and I had lunch for two at a cafe in Whenuapai (thanks Joz!). Merenia went to the KiwiLeles Ukelele Festival with Carolann and the Homeschool Harmonies Group.

Yum, yum, yum....

I made my signature Sweet Chilli Philly Chicken Pizza YUM! We got into Snack platters with fresh basil and tomatoes. Had lots of great salads and Les made classic kiwi condensed milk dressing to go with- hooray for summer weather! The Red cups hit Starbucks along with the Christmas Flavours... Toffee Nut, Dark Cherry and Gingernut. I made a seriously awesome salad with asparagus, baby beetroot, and blue cheese. I made an Apple and Boysenberry Pie. And I made Hollandaise sauce for the first time ever and it was good- we had it on Poached Eggs, Bacon and good grainy Toast- yum Eggs Benedict! Looking forward to doing it again- hopefully with Salmon at Nana's Crib! Steph at Starbucks gave Will one of the broken Gingerbread men and he said "That was a nice thing to do!".

'It was on sale'....

Duty Free from Perth, Photo Books, A bit of a spend up on scrapping stuff on Trade me and at SBO. And new Christmas Decorations from Satrbucks. (And that TV). Went to the Hasbro Sale and spent 10% of what my partner in crime did. Got some books at the Sally Army Christmas Sale.

Bugger!

Taking forever to find out we didn't get the Perth Job. Not getting the Perth Job. Ending up in hospital. Sylvia's sister passing away. The Pike River Mine disaster.

Hooray!

Getting the Japan and **classified** photobooks done, and the template for the Starbucks Barista gifts (which rock!). Finally getting and planting a rose for Ehren.

Etc...

Kieran had a few wins at Summer Hockey. Jake slept over a couple of times. Will is into asking "What was your best part?" Particularly when Kieran gets in the car after school. I also liked it when he spotted something I was considering purchasing on Trade me and he said "WooHOO, Yippeee, you found another Maisy book by Lucy Cousins!" And finally when I told him to go jump in the lake he replied; "You're funny Mum!"

You know who's good idea this was? Katie The Scrapbook Lady. Go check out her list of tasks to do at the end of each month as well.

No comments: