Monday, September 20, 2010

Been Busy

I don't normally share scrapbooking stuff on here (rather on See.Share) but I thought it might be helpful to give an indicator of why the blogging has been a bit lax of late. This past Saturday was our team prize giving for Rugby and each of the boys got their own mini album to commemorate the season and a certificate as well. Sounds nice but in practice that is....

1100 photos.....

Laid out in order and sorted into individual albums....


2000+ Photo splits applied

2000+ photo split tabs pulled off and then photos stuck together back to back....

Which leaves a bunch of rubbish....

Which people gone mental from pulling tabs off then turn into faces....


20 bindings, 20 tags and 20 ribbons.....

All makes 20 albums....

Complete with a scoreboard for the season and a comment for each player also written by me. :-)

The parents in attendance all took some time out from the pool to have a really good look through and talk about them and such which was cool for me.

But here's the best part I took 6 boys (including my own) up to the Waiwera on Saturday and the first thing they ALL did when they got back in the car to go home was pull out the albums and look at them and talk about them and talk about the season and talk about their comments and just plain enjoy them for a really long time.... and that's exactly why I did it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your wee albums always go down well, I think Alyssa has 2 from netball - we like to look back through them, they're a lovely, treasured thing to have been given.
And as for the personal comments,

I can remember when you were Brody's GaT teacher, and you had the "Awards", I loved how you gave each kid an award special to their personality - it showed me as a parent that you cared for them - and had really gotten to know them.

What you do is very special - and it definitely does not go un-noticed.

Thank you - for being you :o)

Joz.