Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hasbro

First of all an apology to anyone who I forgot to tell it was the Hasbro sale this past Saturday. Secondly an apology who is now wondering how they are going to feed their family because I did tell them it was the Hasbro sale this past Saturday.

We went.

We went crazy.

I arrived 30 minutes before the 9:30am opening to join the end of a 200m long queue. Luckily they started letting people in 15 minutes earlier.

Goodness knows why I never thought to take photos- it's more than a sale, it's an experience.

Les arrived with the kids 15 minutes after me to join a 350m queue. The kids came down to me and we waited about 15 minutes before we got in and the shopping frenzy began. I told them we were going to shop fast and then get out which we did even though we were quick we still had to join a decent sized queue for the check out.

By the time we got out Les still had about 75 metres of queue ahead of him, needless to say he didn't bother going in.

The prices were 'ok' and the kids had walked in there with loaded wallets and Christmas cash from my parents.

$350 later we walked out with 3 BIG bags of toy and game stash. Lucky for me only $150 of that was 'our' money and the rest was the kids. :-). Best scores were
  • The parents getting a huge Tonka Truck thingee for Will's birthday/Christmas this will rock in the new sandpit.
  • A really good big Tonka Truck for our Christmas Wishing Tree gift... someones wee dude is going to be happy with that come Christmas day.
  • Some new games for the games cupboard.
Here's Merenia with her new Littlest Pet Shop Scores...


Kieran got a big Nerf Gun...


We got Brody a cool plane Transformer...


and Alyssa a Hannah Montana puzzle.

No comments: