Saturday, July 12, 2008

Notes from the rugby...



All of these are quotes from Kieran.... he talks at least once a minute during the game a lot of it is under his breath...

"They're the world 15 mate" (referring to the AB's)

"Annnntthhony Boooriccccc" (Use growly voice)

"The best place in the rugby stadium to sit would be out in front of where the players run out and then you could go High five, high five, high five!" (done with actions)

During the SA Anthem "At school there's only two people that do like 'that thing' (Motions fist over heart) Me and Jake- we rule!" Accompanied by a thumbs up.

Various phrases in Maori during the Haka done with actions and PJ shirt off, of course!

To the commentator "Oh Gosh! Lean to speak would ya, Anthony Bor-RIC not Bor -RICH!"

"Stupid Ref everybody knows Australia Sucks"

"Miss it Montgomery Miss!" That growly voice again.

"I want to see a Try." Ohhhh I wish I could give you tone of voice for these things!!!

"Penalty South Africa??? Should be a pentalty NZ for a shoulder charge!"

After I printed out both of the AB Haka's for him... "I think I'm missing a bit of this one".... we checked it out on wiki... "yeah that bit before the Whaka" Followed by giggling (He said 'Whaka')

"that guys got the nick for us, doesn't want us to win" refering to the ref.

"Good old Percy got 884 test points"

"Can I change what I said? 887"

"Oooh that was close. I almost killed myself" After he farted.

"Damn!" After they awarded the first try to the Springboks

"Foward!" Angry voice!

"Foward Ref" With some frustration in voice.

At this point I realised I was going to send him to bed 20 minutes ago so I could watch Face/Off but I just couldn't do it!

"oh oh" Panicked tones when the TV went BLACK

"Bum" Hitting of the couch "Bum " something went wrong

"YES!" something went right

"Holy Heck, shoot he's tall" Regarding some springbok player

"Oh that was knocked back by Havana" pleading here.

"Ooowwww Shhhhh shoot that was close" (He wanted to say shit)

"Ohhh What?" As in ref you've got to be kidding me!

"Kaino, Kaino, Kaino" chanting

"Yes!" After Kaino subed on. :-)

"Yea- ah" very high pitched excitement after the AB's scored.

"Go the chiefs"

"Oh Yes" All this after Sione scored.

"So the All Blacks won't lose at the brooke eh!"

Me: It's not over yet.

"5 points that's a big differential. Well it is in an All Blacks game versus the Springboks"

"I wonder how many times that guy is gonna say Borich tonight!" ....Jeez Commentaters these days!!

"Just going to bring my duvet out ok?" What the???? I have the fire going!!!!!

Me: "that wasn't Wayne Barnes was it?"
Him: "sigh Matt Goddard, he's worse"

I should note there are lots of other little and not so little sounds that come out as well... sharp intakes of breath, sighs and other squeaks and such with all the attached tension and relaxation.

"Yes! The boks captain off for the last minutes. Ooooohhh!"

"Oh NO!!!! Oh Bum! Crrrraaapppp" SA try about 7 mins till fulltime.

"who's kicking, kick it bad, we need to bone this kicker"

"Miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, miss. Damn"

"Dumb old Ricky January"

"CRAP" Full time

Well that was a pretty intense ending wasn't it... phew I'm exhausted and all I did was watch it with Kieran.



Not Rugby related but I found it funny...
"I reckon the coolest name is Junior, it's got a good touch to it"

No comments: