Saturday, July 12, 2008

Back on the horse


***********


Yay! It seems I have my creative mojo back. Last night I realised that making the thank-you card first was dumb as the deadline for it is a week away so I made the scrapbook page that I needed to finish before I could make Cameron's pressie. In the end I didn't use the same patterened paper on the LO as I did on the present so I didn't need to do it but at least it's done... it is a scraplift for a challenge that I was doing. So here's the latest from the lounge floor... (the scrapbooking room is too cold).



This from the other day... the first fire of the season. It's another scraplift... sometimes it's good to piggyback off of someone else's inspiration.


This photo was taken last march this is my niece Natalia's daughter Caitlin who is now about 18 months old!



I don't normally do fiddly bit's but I was inspired and I was also stuck with how to use the paper. And literally stuck with Will playing between my legs... so I sat and cut... and cut.




And this is a fortunate mistake... I put the kindy glitz on the letters but didn't like how it looked so I rubbed it off. It highlighted the title and gave a little glittery oomph to it without being over the top.

While I worked I listened too and occasionally watched the DVD's I got out last Friday (due back today). This is something of a milestone I believe it is the first time in about 10 DVD hires that I have watched the movies that I got for me... in fact these two were the same as the ones I got out last time. I choose the first movie, Scary Movie 4, for a bit of truly mindless zoning out... this is good because I have no idea, having only given it about 5% attention, what the hell happened apart from the bit with Dr Phil which I did like!

Another Scraplift... the LO this was lifted off was NOT to my taste (understatement). This photo is from 2005!! It is part of a set I was going to put on Canvas but never got around to and it was perfect for this purpose so...

I am so totally loving my new Prima flowers! I got them especially from the states after seeing them on Tim's blog. Yum yum yum!!!

The other movie was Aeon Flux with Charlize Theron. Aeon Flux started as cartoon. Way back when (around 1993) there was a very cool program called Liquid Television. It was a bunch of different cartoons and VERY COOL... would seriously like to get my hands on some tapes of it. Stick figure theatre was my favourite (if I had more time I'd find some You tube links but we have to go out soon). Anyway Aeon Flux is about an assassin in the cartoons there is no dialog so it was interesting watching the movie to get the whole story but I think it moved a bit slowly and lacked the punch of the cartoon. Or maybe it was because I wasn't fully concentrating on it. It was easier to follow that Scary Movie though and Charlize looked HOT so I couldn't ask for better as I worked...

So here's Cam's 'Welcoming Party' Gift.....

Considering we only got the invite on Thursday this is not a bad effort, in fact I am really happy with it.


I am 'mostest' happy with the fact that I slept on what I was going to do across the top which was looking pretty blank when I went to bed (at 1:40am)..... In my dazed state the Dr Suess Quote came to me....

"Today you are you. That is truer than true,
there is no one alive that is youer than you!"


Talk about going to bed... Will woke four times last night but I only fed him once... the first two were before I went to bed and he cried for an extremely short time and went back to sleep. The 3rd was around 2am so I wasn't totally asleep yet. And at 5:30am I just put the dummy in and he went back to sleep till 7:30am...Yeah Baby! I know I said no dummy... but let's just do one thing at a time eh!

If you are playing 'Where's Les?' like we are then he is tucked up in a lay over bed in Dubai it's about 2:30am there... well he should be. But probably he was too paranoid (or couldn't be bothered) to go to the hotel or whatever it was that Emirates arranged for the 8 hour stop over and he's buming around the airport hoping the model box made it... he wasn't feeling too confident as he handed it to the security guard in Istanbul last night.


No comments: