Monday, November 9, 2015

This week on the web...

A little more reading time this week I caught up on Teacher Tom and I liked all of it of course but especially this one on Wrestling or RuffleTumble which is what it's currently called in our house. :-) And this one which makes so much sense to me... adults can be so hopeless sometimes it's often better to get a child to do the work. :-) And finally the disease of stuff is a really good read.

A nice article about 'tantrums' and good ways to deal with them both as a parent and observer.

Dr Libby has 10 tips to improve your health...most of them are common sense but Manage your energy not your time made me pause for thought.

Rude, mean and bullying defined, this is worth thinking about if you have children or work with them.

Boredom: The Lazy parents Strategy for inspiring creativity. This was a good read and I am happy that we have places in our home where the kids can pursue their passions- the one place we do fall down is leading by example... so something to think about.

I'm so sick of teacher bashing in the media almost the world over- so I enjoyed this article.

A few recipes that could be worth a look: Eggy Muggins and Slow Cooked Zucchini (not for the kids) and Almond Butter Bark... definitely for the kids.

“We exist together in a little patch of warmth and light.” is the very apt description given to reading aloud to your kids in this Wall Street Journal article- the writer goes on to say.. "For 45 minutes or an hour adults can give children—and themselves—an irreplaceable gift, a cultural grounding, a zest for language, a stake in the rich history of storytelling. That’s not so long, surely? There will be plenty of time afterward for everyone to go back online." Or you can just keep reading.


Boredom: The Lazy Parent’s Strategy for Inspiring Creativity - See more at: http://project-based-homeschooling.com/camp-creek-blog/boredom-lazy-parent%E2%80%99s-strategy-inspiring-creativity#sthash.o19Z6Xby.dpuf


I think this will be my last 'This week on the web' for a while I was seriously considering the need for a shelf on my Good Reads called 'Started, renewed, still never finished'... I have a pile of books on my bedside table I'm keen to give the attention they deserve!

No comments: