Monday, May 4, 2015

This week on the web....

I'm a doomed hero. Five out of six ain't bad but where's my Obi Wan?

As a story person I loved this quote from Australia Poet Joel McKerrow that Eden posted.

 “I have heard it said that the best way to destroy a people is to take away their stories. To make them forget. Get lost in the smallness of their own predicament. Like a child who cannot find their way home. It was Milan Kundera who said, ‘The first step in liquidating a people is to erase its memory. To destroy its books, its culture, its history.’ If this is the case, that the first step in the destruction of a people is to take away their stories, then surely it is true that the first step in the restoring of a people is the restoration of their stories. As a poet, this is what I do. This is why I do what I do.” - Joel McKerrow

Built in Dunedin is a very cool little blog that looks at the history of some of Dunedin's older buildings.

Simple rules for healthy eating- I like that these don't just address what we eat but also how we eat.

A great post on Get it Scrapped on 5 ways to take inspiration from a single LO. These could be translated to work for any LO.

Damon's answers to the top 10 Questions about 'That Sugar Film' are interesting- most of it is pretty basic but I liked question 9 about mood and related matters. Especially with regards to helping people who are sick, and incarcerated.

Glennon's Key Jar for the dinner table and maybe a set for the car could be a good idea for connecting with the kiddos- you could also look at incorporating the 20 questions from the Do You Know Scale.  For an explanation to those and the statement: “The ones who know a lot about their families tend to do better when they face challenges" have a look here.

This is a shocker: The Shirt on your back.

Top fashion labels ranked on use of slavery.... imagine the F's??



I love pretty much everything The Black Apple does!






I'd like this as Be Kind or leave for our dining room wall.

The little animals can pop up and down- interactive broach! I'll have the bunny.


No comments: