Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Advent Calendars

This is the sort of advent calendar I had as a child- and I yearn for those days because I honestly thought it was awesome.  I do actually have one like this with just the pictures behind the doors, when I opened it on Sunday Will said: "Well that's not very interesting." Our kids have grown-up with licensed Chocolate filled rubbish. Dora and spider man do not say Christmas to me.
Last year we changed all that- having collected enough cool advent calendars from around the place- we had the permanent refillable kind. This year we're doing the same again. We fill them with a variety of chocolates/lollies and notes. The notes have something we we will do that day. Last year that included:
  • Picking your choice of takeaway for dinner that night.
  • Choosing an Ice Cream on the last day of school.
  • Ice Creams at MacDonalds on the day we went to get our Santa Photo Taken.
  • Choose a special drink for dinner the next night. 
It ends up being a tad more expensive than the regular ones but a lot more fun and a lot more special.
 ♥

No comments: