Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tiny tales from week 40


School holiday- oh how I hate thee when thy start halfway between our monthly paydays

The kids made their own fun over the holidays we stayed at home for the most part.


I turned 40.

 Black Forest Gateau

Merenia tried on my dress- she doesn't have the bobs for it- I do but I don't have the tummy for it any more.

Tama offers moral support to Will- who was probably in trouble for doing something mean to Tama.

Best thing about Birthdays.

Just a little too grown up and independent this 2 year old.



I have no idea why we need shin pads during the course of a 'normal' day.

That said with these two I have no idea what exactly a normal day is anyway.

The backpack is Will's Parachute- they were doing tandem jumps.




Les did take the 3 older ones out to Par3- an electronic golf place complete with Pizza.



The mood took me and I did a MASSIVE clear out on my stuff. (In the end I sold it all for about $370- I could have got more but I'm impatient and wanted it gone before it found it's way back on the shelves. I am now contemplating getting a Silhouette Cameo. That is the trendy electronic cutting machine that has been very big in the crafting world for the last couple of years- but it's a big decision as it will take all my profits- and then some more for tools and spare mats).

I had a huge clean out and rearranged my table- 4 weeks later I still haven't had a chance to scrapbook with this new LO..... sigh.


All the cleaning must have broken something in my brain because I initiated a massive spring clean of the lounge as well.


And then we did the scraproom which lead to a mission to get some free carpet that was VERY dusty- that's not a shadow you can see that's the part that Les had already cleaned. He completely blocked up the vacuum cleaner in the end and had to take it to work to blow it all out with the air compressor.



Rocking it outside with the Gymbaroo Ribbons- I found the handles in my craft room clear out- and some suitable ribbon as well- so put them back into commission.






I also found our stash of fridge magnets- the one above, much loved, has seen better days. I sadly chucked it out.

These guys went back on the freezer and I took a photo- they tell a lot of stories these magnets- but truth to be told I kind of like the fridge without them better so we'll probably bin them when we move house.

That was week 40- long, house bound and boring.
 ♥

No comments: