Sunday, October 6, 2013

Story Chapter 40- Ollibird Stories

Source and copyright: Ollibird Artist: Alma Loveland

I always get nervous when I post other peoples art to my blog. But I really want to share this. I recently discovered the Ollibird blog when someone recommended it as a great source for triggering stories in a class I am doing. And it is so true!! 

The artist, Alma Loveland has done a super cool series of patterns on their blog site and there are so many of them that remind me of stuff from my life- mostly my childhood. What I'd love to do is print a whole bunch (nearly all!!) of the patterns as 6x4 photos- mount them on card and bind them with a book ring. Then take my time to write or type the stories that are inspired from the pictures- on the backs of the cards. Most of the stories would be relatively short. But I could always add a 4x6 white journalling card if the stories run longer. I don't really make too many mini albums anymore- but this is one I think would be very cool for getting my stories down in a fast and easy way. It would be a very portable project once the cards were together. It's the sort of thing I could work on while I'm watching Kieran at Hockey or have five minutes to burn here and there.

I chose this image of the Oyster Catchers for this post because it reminds me so much of my childhood on the Otago Peninsular. Going to the beach with my Dad who was surfing. Going to look for the Yellow Eyed Penguins. Collecting Cockles with my Nana and cousins. Walking all over the peninsular for hours a day one school holidays. And of course watching oysters be shucked from their shells and eating them super fresh at the fish mongers on the main street.




No comments: