Sunday, June 23, 2013

Story Chapter 25 Last day of One

 

Shhhhhh! Don't tell Tama this but we moved his birthday.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit manic so we brought his birthday forward till today which should be (slightly) less manic. :-)  I interviewed him yesterday morning and he was less than co-operative so rather than face a long night of editing I decided to try again at bedtime and got a much better response. And so I give you Tama... almost two....


For Tama it's all about Presents, Balloons and Cakes. 

For me it's about my last day as a mother of a one year old. Ever.


I've totally loved having my babies. Watching them grow and develop. Seeing what sort of person they are becoming and feeling proud, ever so proud, of the achievements they make. I've enjoyed as many of the moments as I can. There have been some that I haven't enjoyed for sure but I have always been grateful for the opportunity to care for and love these little people of ours. 

The first couple of the years are some of my favourites. There is so much growth and so much change and development to see and be proud of- and they're so well behaved. :-) 


In just one and a half short years Tama will start Kindy but we've so much to do in the mean time. 

So many diggers to see.
So many puddles to jump in.
So many autumn leaves to collect.
So many stories to read.
So many mornings in the sandpit.
So many pictures to draw.
So many cuddles and kisses.
So many bedtime songs to sing.

He's just mastering two word sentences. He tries them out like he's tasting something.

Hello.              Mum.

Two.            Diggers.

Before that he relied on single words quite successfully and now it's like he discovered a novel idea- putting words together- wow!

He's already trying to abandon his afternoon sleep every second day. 

He's already being naughty- he literally ran out onto the road the other day. It nearly killed me.

He's already being choosy. Asserting himself and making his own decisions.


He's always had a sense of humour but it seems to get so much more sophisticated with every funny thing that he does.



He wants to be a big boy. Play 'ball' just like Kieran and Merenia. Go to 'Class' just like Will. Eat lunch like Lyric. And run out on the road just like Noah.

It's wonderful, and amazing and he delights me every day. 


 He is the very best way to spend my day. What greater way to spend my time helping him to grow and learn and be? Making sure he's healthy, rested and warm. Making sure he's safe, stimulated, and confident.
 

But just a little part of me would like to be a baby mama for just a little while longer. Would just like him to stay soft and sweet and small. Just big enough to wrap his little arms around my neck. Still small enough to want to put sweet kisses all over my head- even if it is really loud in my ears! A part of me just wants to hold my baby boy for a little bit longer.

And then I remember that I love what he is becoming and I wouldn't miss it for the world..

 

 Happy Birthday 'Tatum'. You'll always be my baby but I'm so proud that you are my little boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gypsy I have not looked at your blog in ... way too long, and what a lovely first thing to see - Tama!
I can't believe how grown up all the kids are.
Joz.

Anonymous said...

Gypsy that is a super cool post!!
So well said and very lovely!!

Syl