Friday, July 29, 2011

Tama, I want to remember

  • Sleeping with only a nappy on down my T-shirt in the hospital on your first 2 nights in the world
  • How exhausting that first week was
  • How we look at you and keep thinking you are a girl or Will or Kieran or Merenia
  • How we worried about how much you slept in those first three weeks
  • How you did 5 things in those early days- eat, sleep, poo, cry, and hiccup- I've never known a baby to hiccup so much
  • How you 'woke up' in your 5th week and became so much more responsive
  • How I realised at 4 weeks and 5 days that you were no longer a newborn and felt so sad and not ready for it
  • How you cried and cried each time we changed your nappy- (we call you Tama the Drama Llama)
  • And the first time you didn't
  • How I said to you at 4wks "Hello Tama. Now you say Hello Mama" And you smiled at me
  • How we worried about your brain and if it was working 'right'
  • How you only slept in your bassinet for 2 nights and then came in with us and life got so much easier
  • The morning you woke up just after Will came in and didn't cry or need a drink so we all just 'hung out'
  • How sweet your sneezes are
  • How you peed on Dad when we did your first photo shoot
  • How much you blissed out in your first shower
  • How much your little big brother adores you
  • How the cat circled the midwife in suspicion when she was doing your checks and your were crying
I want to forget
  • cutting your finger the first time I trimmed your nails
  • when I squeezed your foot in a frustrated sleep deprived but half asleep fog
  • how frustrating you habit of always throwing back your head is
  ♥

No comments: