Friday, January 7, 2011

Blast from the Past

I'm working on Caitlin's photos at the moment. I was given them in 2004 and have scrapped a few pages over the years- but I recently came to the conclusion that I don't have the time or resources to scrap everything I have (I'm not sure I have the inclination either). And that even if I did so then I would be creating a huge storage issue- I already have about 16 12x12 albums which have there own particular large shelving needs- so I don't really want to scrap everything as I'd go broke and probably die when a shelf full of albums fell and crushed me in my over crowded house!
But I digress, I didn't want to create the same storage issues for Caitlin and I didn't want her to have to wait until her old age to get her photos back (and I also feel nervous when I have other people non backed-up originals in my house!) So I have chosen select pictures to make into 12x12 pages and I have put the rest chronologically into small slip-in albums, taken the time to embellish a little and also to tell the stories that I know on 4x6 journal cards that just slip into the photo slots. I have also left a few slots for Caits Mum, Gaynor, to fill in as well.
Anyway in sorting through I found this little gem and to be honest I look a darn sight better than I currently do so I figured a record of previous 'slimmer-ness' and vague hotness was worth recording! :-)

No comments: