Saturday, January 29, 2011

Apparently I smell.

Will is a constant source of amusement (and otherwise) lately and I wanted to get these things down while I remember:

  • He has started to say 'whatever' and it's a darn sight more endearing than when Merenia uses it especially as it sounds more like he is saying "radirah"
  • When the neighbours dogs bark (100-300 times each day). He YELLS "Be Quiet!" An improvement on the original; "Shut Up".
  • The only time they don't bark is when the neighbours come home.... but to make up for it Will jumps onto the couch and barks with increasing volume out the window at the neighbours.
  • I have been refused permission to deliver kisses and cuddles at bedtime. I am permitted to ask Will what "his best thing was" that day.
  • Today when I went and lay down with him and Les on the bed (an attempt to help him recover from the trauma of having to stop playing on the flight sim) Will told me to go away and proceeded to start pushing me off the bed and kicking me. When asked why he replied that it was because I was "Stinky".
  • I was telling him that it was a pain that the library bus comes right in the middle of our shopping day because it was hard to do both. He asked when our "Shooming Day" was? I replied with "No I said Shopping Day" But he insisted with the shooming day despite my insistence there was no such thing and in the end I asked what a Shooming Day is. Of course it is the day you Shoom up into the sky in the Boeing. (Duh silly me).
  • He often requests that we 'Hang Out' (lie on my bed and talk) and lately has also been asking to 'have a chat'.
  • Same age friends are in short supply around here and he asks daily if he can go to Daycare like the neighbours kids all do. And last week when Macchi announced that she and Cam had to leave he tossed his box of raisins on the floor with a dramatic flourish and exclaimed with quite some emotion and pain some along the lines of "Oh why must my friends always leave!?"
  • He was recently discussing the neighbours replacement Chickens. "Cam got new Chickens 'cause the old ones died" Les: "Yes they did" Will "Hmmm they are like the Dodo then".
  • Les grabbed a chair today, put on his glasses and sat in front of the video and DVD players to connect them up together. Will also got a chair and his sunglasses and sat beside him. After Les finished up he continued to wear his glasses and Will checked periodically to see if they were still on. He immediately removed his when Les took his off.
  • He often asks "What's the time?" even though his concept of time consists of: "Later Today" and "Soon Now" I.e: W: Can I do flying on the computer Dad? Dad: Later. W: Later today? Or: W: When are we going to the base pool Mum? Mum: Very soon. W: Soon Now?
  • He refers to M & K as 'The Kids'. If they fall behind in the Supermarket he will often yell at them from his vantage point in the trolley. "COME ON KIDS! COME HERE NOW KIDS!"
I'm sure there's more.... I know there's more but he's so darn exhausting it's hard to remember it all.

No comments: