Thursday, October 14, 2010

Who's that girl?

One of the teachers from school was telling me how she spent the whole school production wondering who the girl was that was playing snout/the wall. She couldn't place the blonde girl at all. Towards the end of the show she realised it was Kieran whose hair was tied back in a pony tail and with all the make up on looked quite feminine.

Merenia and I went on the second night and shouted Daniella and Elliot along with us. Merenia enjoyed it because it was 'pretty' but didn't get the story at all (Shakespeares Mid Summer's Night Dream) In fact even Jake and Kieran didn't entirely understand the story and K was in and Jake watched it multiple times as a lighting and sound tech. It does seem a random choice for a primary school play. Perhaps chosen to maintain the 'school's' "reputation" in the dramatic arts. Which it seems from the school survey is quite important. Important to who I wonder- not the parents personally if my kid is going to miss a shite load of school in rehersals then I want him to develop great skills not 'great' reputations.

Anyway before this turns into another why I hate our school so much posts I give you:

Snout aka The Wall.



Terrible photos sorry (wrong lens, bad light, crap view point etc)






No comments: