Friday, October 1, 2010

Round-up~ September

On our bookshelf this month....

Philip Pullman is my new favourite author! (Not really Maurice Gee you are still my main man!) But I did read The Tin Princess and the The Shadow in the North. I also finished the first book from 'his dark materials' Northern Lights' and have started the Subtle Knife and read a small offshoot book- Lyra's Oxford- all good stuff. Confessions of a Slacker Wife was also really good.

Loving on the box....

Grey's Anatomy I've been re-watching the series from the beginning as I scrapbook. We haven't been watching Outrageous Fortune- but have been recording it and am slowly catching up- I just haven't been as drawn in as the previous series. Not liking NZ's next Top Model all that much- Dakota drives me mental! And I annoyed with TV 3 for moving Top Chef to Staurdays and then afternoons- what with that?? Other than that- not watching TV and it's good!

For you...For me?

Finn's Birthday Present. Some of the new series two mini figures or money fingers as Will likes to call them. Made a cool banner for Vienna- just because. Some little bits and pieces for Les on Fathers Day.

Germs and bugs and botherations....

I thought I was going to get through the month with nothing on this front but then Will had a run in with a piece of bamboo and then he got a cold with all the snot and runny eyes and dribbly spit that that entails. Yuk.

Today was good today was fun, tomorrow is another one...

Some nice spring days including a couple at Brown's Bay. We visitied Daddy's Parachute work and Daddy's different parachute work (PTSU). Netball prizegiving. Team prizegiving for Rugby at Waiwera. Jake's soccer teams winning final game. Les, Will and Merenia went to catch up with Ehren and company. Took Elliot, Daniella and Merenia to the Whenuapai School production- which Kieran was a main cast member in (The Wall) Merenia went to Christchurch. Will, Kieran and I went to Brown's Bay.

Yum, yum, yum....

Creme Brulee Frapucino's

'It was on sale'....

Books lots of books on Trade me and also op shops. We got a new dishwasher on trade me and went up to the Hospice shop at Whangapaoroa as well and scored some good stuff including a wooden scrabble set- hooooooray!

Bugger!

HUGE earthquake in Christchurch- all our family ok and homes relatively unscathed- phew!

Both of our little camera's are acting up which is driving me crazy!

Hooray!

Finally got some nice weather and out into the garden as a result- looking forward to more so we can get the vegies in- they should be done already.

Les made Will an arm chair for his play corner.

Lots of scrapbooking done.

Etc...

We had Merenia's assessment done with the educational Psychologist finally!


You know who's good idea this was? Katie The Scrapbook Lady. Go check out her list of tasks to do at the end of each month as well.

No comments: