Saturday, October 4, 2008

Going further, being nicer, and sisters these days...

Lots of stuff going on this week in the Stockley House.... First of all Jake was here for three days and I have NO photos... mainly because they spent a lot of the week holed up in Kieran's room playing on the computer and making Lego stuff interspersed with the occasional bout of running around the garden with balls.


Will's life is currently punctuated by waving and heading off into the distance. This includes out to the front doorway to eat shoes whenever possible. Out to the kitchen to play with plastic, chase Ruby, or finally make it to that fascinating catfood dish (hasn't done it yet!!). Down the hallway... main target here is Kieran's room as he only needs to cross the threshold to find a bunch of yummy stuff to chew. If K has remembered to close the door then he'll go all the way down fortunately bypassing the toilet and bathroom for Merenia's or the scrapbooking room. I think the motivation for this is balloons. Merenia has a number of balloons in full view in her doorway- fortunately they are latex so Will should be ok with them... unlike rubber balloons, which POP into lots of little bits, latex ones go down slowly.

This exploration does have one disadvantage though....


.... hmmmm sisters these days!

While I'm on the subject of Will I'll take the time to mention a few things I haven't already...

If you happen to be in the market for one, DON'T buy one of these Highchairs they are CRAP...


One of Will's fave toys is a ball... any ball will do, big or smal,l he likes them all... this could be a part of the whole hero worship thing he has going on with the other ball loving boy in our house. This (below) is his best trick....

It's pretty cool, and very smart, his hands and legs stop the ball from getting away the only thing that holds him back is when he chucks it over his head accidentally...

Talking about Hero worship.....


Noooooooo, nooooooo, please Will not you too....


I just liked this one, Kieran was being very suspect in a corner getting his Jamas on the other day. I thought he just trying to hide his "Shiny Hiney" but no, he was putting both legs in one pant leg... bad mistake... Have you ever seen a one legged guy get a Wedgie??

On Wednesday we went to Butterfly Creek... thanks to boy genius Kieran's efforts at the Science Quiz last holidays we had a pass so I only had to pay for the girls. It was way cool....

I love this idea these are those ball shaped tissue paper lamp shades that have been around forever made to look like jellyfish...

Will thought the fish were mildly fascinating...


But the butterflys were a huge hit!



He was practically killing himself to pat small furry animals...


He was bemused by the train...


But the big kids liked it


The butterflys loved the pushchair and the toys...


And the new top I got from Kieley (Thanks babe... it's in the wash now goddamnit!)



While we are here and Merenia is being kind to her friend Alyssa. I'll tell you a story from dinner last night.
Background: Merenia has a TV in her room for the week and she's been watching old family videos.
M: "Kieran, a long time ago when we were little, you know we used to be really nice to each other. And we weren't mean like we are now." (personally I don't think they are that mean to each other but anyway...)
K: "Mumble, humph"
M: "Well I think we should go back to being like that, and just be nice to each other."

I'm not sure if Kieran replied cause I couldn't hear so well from the other room (Merenia is naturally loud) but I asked him about it later and he said.

K: "I just think she's changed a lot since yesterday. It's like she grew up while I was away or something" (He was at Jakes for a sleepover)




I always think green is my favourite colour and then I am reminded that it is SO red...



After Butterfly Creek we picked up Sylvia from the airport and came home. Wednesday was also my birthday and I got lots of good lolly type stuff, a magazine and Outrageous Fortune seasons 1 & 2 on DVD. My two best presents were the one that hasn't arrived yet, and a framed set of postage stamps... yeah I'm turning into a philatelic geek but how cool are these! Kieley framed mine for me too, I know!!!!! way cool!!!


If you look at the candles you can see that I'm either 53 or 35... take you pick I know which one I feel like lately. :-) Why 2 cakes? Les bumped into us at the supermarket and was a little bummed as he'd wanted the cake to be a surprise. I said something about knowing that he was either getting a Choc cherry gateau or a Pav... he'd been thinking of a Chocolate Mud cake all day... so 'cause his heart was set on it...


We had Meatballs for dinner, my current fave, with rice and vegies. Kieley came and we drank some alcohol and talked rubbish for a long time it was great!

Digitalmax had a special last week so I got caught up with my processing it's only 732 photos. As Sylvia's friend Lisa said "No pressure or anything" She's a scrapbooker too so she gets it.

Yesterday Will got a very early birthday present which was kind of surprising, but it's all good because with father's day and my birthday recently he's well up on the present opening gig and the resulting cloth book from Delwyn, Blondy and Joe is way cool... Thanks guys!!


We took Sylvia up to Scrapcamp on Thursday and caught up with some of the crew which was cool and then Merenia, Will and I caught up with more yesterday when we had to take the long way home due to the Motorway truck crash (it doesn't take much to break Auckland I tell you!)

And betwixt it all I made this.....


****

No comments: