Monday, August 10, 2015

This week on the web...

A very bookish week on the web... (Bliss)

I'm not on Instagram but I'd consider it just to follow Chris Riddell.

Michael Rosen is a children's author I've loved for a very long time. What I did not know till I found his blog and facebook page is that he is so many more things than just a children's author.

And on the subject of Michael Rosen I've just reserved the book reviewed here at the library... seems like a good one to check out... I'll let you know.

Talking about children's authors Shirley Hughes was honoured recently with a lifetime achievement award. I love this account of the award ceremony which speaks to the unending magic of stories.

I love these intiatives to get books to children all around:
The Book Bus
Start a Library
Grab a book

And talking about getting books to children, this is a cool story.

Bookwitch's interview with Shaun Tan was an interesting read- especially the concept of whole a country that values Children' Literature... I'd be happy with a household that really values Children's literature!!

Lots of goodness on Rebecca Stonehill's site.

10 1/2 inclinations (more book stuff)

The book. Calming object.

Loving this Rights of the Reader poster.

At some point I hope parents will cotton on to all of this and get together and fight... I'm not holding my breath though.

I think 'Freedom to Think' should be the motto of our homeschool!



 I need to quit my coffee habit- but I'm sure I could put water in here. :-)

 I need a custom me stamp!

Play Sushi- too cute!

I think these Star planters are awesome- pity they can only ship within the US!!

 This is a stencil- they do heaps of sizes- would be cool for travel pages (and home school)
Super Cool Vintage Syllabus book!!

No comments: