Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm writing a life...

I'm writing a list of all the things I want to do. Blogging is right near the very top. It would be at the top but I owe my Nana a letter and there are some things that just need to come first. (Shhhh don't tell her I wrote this post ok?). But the list is not all I'm writing.

“The creative mind plays with the objects it loves.”
-Carl Jung


 This quote came to me via email at the start of July. I hung on to it because I need to be reminded. Reminded that my creative mind is doing shit-all and that's why I'm slowly going bonkers.

Oh my goodness I never realised just how much of my sanity hung on getting to write and make and do. And just how frustrating it is when my time is consumed by life, my habits are poor (non-existant), and I feel I'm producing nothing. It makes my heart tight. It gives me a little nausea. And it leaves me composing blog posts to myself at 4am in the morning when my time would be better spent sleeping. It feels like it has been years since I sat here and wrote from my heart. Wrote the funny stories. Wrote the hard stories.


Then I read this post by The Worlds Strongest Librarian (TWSL) and it totally got me excited! I emailed the link to a friend who I knew would 'get' it and be able to discuss. And then something came up and I got too busy and forgot, till just now. In the post Josh (TWSL) asks:
            
"Are you living the story you imagined?  Do you still imagine?"

I find the concept of my life as a story really exciting. It's strange actually that I never thought of it like this before. I mean lets face it I am my family's story teller! 

If my life is a story- and lets face it- it has the makings of an epic: Romance, tragedy, adventure and a damn lot of comedy. Then I'm creating everyday. 

From the moment I wake up each morning I am crafting a life well lived. Everyday my creative mind has the opportunity to play with an object that I love- my life. Some days I don't love it- but it's all part of the story. And if it's not a life well-lived then I have the opportunity to rewrite, to edit and recreate, re-imagine every day- every moment really. How cool is that?!

No comments: