Monday, July 16, 2012

Having a Ball

These tiny little balls are super cool! After reading about them via Pinterest I ordered some from a Hong Kong supplier via Ebay we got 20 packets and this represents about 2 packets. You place them in 100x their volume of water overnight and wait...

The peg is to give you an idea of how tiny they are.



This was taken about 4 hours after we added the water.


And this was the next day. The balls are normally used in vases to make flower arrangements look spiffy. They feel amazing, soft and silky- I totally love running my hands through them. And so does he....


They are non toxic but we didn't let Tama eat them anyway. :-)

Will added some sea creatures to the mix and spent some time spooning them and scooping them.


As well as putting them in his toy mixer where they stayed intact but looked totally cool. 
We tried freezing some too in a block of ice but that wasn't particularly effective.


I've just covered our up and put them away in the laundry and they are slowly getting smaller- but all I need to do is give them another soak to get them up and running again. And if they get too manky and gross then I can chuck them in the garden and they will help the soil retain water- which will be a bonus for my vegetables in the summer.

No comments: