Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Round-up ~ October 2010

On our bookshelf this month....

The Amber Spyglass (Philip Pullman), and 6 Next mags for me. Les is reading Golf Mags. Everyone has been into some good library books. Merenia lots of Saddle Club. Kieran is into The Tomorrow Series by John Marsden. And Will is a bit fixated on Maisy at the moment.

Loving on the box....

Outrageous Fortune (holy cow!!), 28 Weeks Later, Survivor, NZNTM, and Jamie's Food Revolution- mind blowing stuff!! Will's big on the Wiggles!

For you...For me?

I got lots of scrappin' stuff for my birthday- woo hoo! Presents for Tony's Birthday. Machhi's new girl Luck and new brother Cam. Fun stuff for World Teacher's Day. Stuff for a much wanted baby some people we know have finally concieved- Yay! And cool pressies for the kids from the Boltons!

Germs and bugs and botherations....

Will had a cold. I had sore muscles from gardening and walking. Merenia had a cold. Kieran had a headache. Alyssa got sick while she was here and I freaked out because I thought I OD'ed her on Pamol- because after I gave her some for her headache she get a tummy ache really bad really fast! (I didn't- phew). Kieran wiped out at the Massey Sports academy testing and grazed his knee which is now infected 2 weeks later and bent his big toe nail back from halfway back on itself- 3+ hours at A&E and a funny story yet to be told. I am exhausted from too many late nights and too much thinking and computering relating to Perth.

Today was good today was fun, tomorrow is another one...

I had my birthday. Vienna came to hang with us for the day while Wendy was at camp. Took all the kids + Jake to a Lego promotion and competition at Toyworld to try the new Lego games- Kieran is keen for Creationary- we'll have to see. Miss Wendy and Vienna dropped by for visits twice! A nice guy trimmed the sides off our back hedge for us- yay! Jim stopped by for a visit and we adventured. Kieran went to an All Whites game with Jake. Les took the kids plus Jake to Ambury Farm Day. Alyssa came for a sleepover.

Yum, yum, yum....

Kieran made Banana cake, Lemon and Honey drink for the colds. Kids made Kebabs and we switched to our summer menu plan. Curry Leaf Banquet courtesy of Jim. A new Chicken Pie recipe. KFC the day that K hurt his toe. Strawberries are in season yay!

'It was on sale'....

Series two mini figures are out and we now have them all and have also completed the Team Tags collection. I got some scrapping stuff. We brought some plants for the garden and a wheel barrow. Tickets home from Christchurch after Christmas and some 'work' clothes for Les to wear in Perth.

Bugger!

Les applied for a job in Christchurch but was not even considered for it because of the state of his trade- due to crappy (up-high) management! I received some of the worst service EVER at Stirling Sports in Westgate! The new Neighbours. Being in Limbo over the Perth job. To many late nights and too much time on the computer researching Perth- it's f#@%ed my brain. Sylvia's sister Noeline passed away and Glenna lost her dad.

Hooray!

Getting Saskia's Garden planted. My Sassafras box arrived. I finished a Client album for Trish's Son. Les' interview went well and he got a trip to Perth to go meet the people at the company. Lucy Harrison arrived. We made cool gifts for the teachers. Waikato made the ITM cup final. Going to Christchurch and Dunedin for Christmas!

Etc...

Sold a bunch of stuff on trade me- just little stuff but nice to have extra cash and get rid of stuff. Summer Hockey started.


You know who's good idea this was? Katie The Scrapbook Lady. Go check out her list of tasks to do at the end of each month as well.

No comments: