Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sparks Joy ~ New Zealand


To be honest a lot about New Zealand doesn't bring me joy- like the ever widening gap between rich and poor. I'm not sure that we'll ever return to live there (although living out my dying days in Australia doesn't thrill me either). But I do love my homeland a lot and there are many things about it that bring me joy. My friends and family are there. My roots were laid down there. I love the architecture of my home town. So many fantastic artists, musicians, and writers I admire from there. I love the Maori culture and heritage. And I love the geography, currently residing in a land where gum trees and red dirt are king I am reminded that the lushness and variety of New Zealand's Mountains, plains, forests, lakes and oceans are a true joy to behold.
 ♥ 

No comments: