Monday, July 21, 2014

This week on the web....

My top post from Teacher Tom this week is well worth a read for anyone: The True Business of People.

Whilst the ideas for do ahead meals in this post are handy it was the meal that caught my eye... the kids won't be keen but I think it looks great and so easy.

This article about how Fruits are Not Vegetables reminded me of some pictures I took at the supermarket this week....

Spotted these new fruit lunch box thingees... not planning on buying them but just for interests sake picked them up to have a look.

Look at all those great things that make them healthy!! :-)

 And wow LOOK 72% Sugar!!

 
By contrast here are my favourite lollies.

 With 46% sugar.... parents would be better off putting those babies in a school lunch box.

I  actually think those 'fruit' things being touted as healthy is morally negligent and pretty bloody unethical.

Just in case you were wondering how to give up sugar then here's an article for you. Ignore the word easy in the title nothing is easy when 10 steps are involved and I'm not going to sugar coat it giving up sugar is a bit like hell on earth not that I haven't managed to do it, yet.

On a brighter not loved these Personalised Rolling Pins...



I really despair so much about the state of Early Childhood education in WA- it's something I think about everyday and it's always been something I'd happily move back to NZ for. But it seems that things are going down hill fast... NZ seems to be on a kick of repeating the mistakes that the USA have made or are in the process of making. The Save Our Schools NZ Blog is sombre reading.

And here's some links for you if you've ever wondered why I bang on about Play all the time and a late start age for formal literacy and numeracy education.

I  quite liked this list of 30 things you should do for yourself.

Not one of the top 20 Ted talks I have been watching- but a pretty inspiring talk especially for educators Rita Pierson's Every Kid Needs a Champion.

I stumbled on some teeny tiny miniature Etsy goodness this week....

 Apple for Barbie Lilushop.

 And if Barbie gets hungry she can always whip a snack with her Wondershop Mixer....


Or perhaps just pop out grab some coffee and stock up on some snacks.





Picolli Spazi does all sorts of little tableau's I liked this one the best especially as one of the papers comes out and you can write a secret message on it.

 Weird Al's latest offering is pretty funny...



The little boys loved this one.... I kinda liked it too. :-)


No comments: