Sunday, August 25, 2013

Story Chapter 34 Community

 

I don't have the communities in Australia that I had at home in New Zealand. We had a community via Les' work. We were a bigger and more active part of the kids school and Kindergarten community. I had a great community of scrapbookers that I loved to spend time with. There was a little community at my Starbucks between we regulars like the guide dog puppy lady, the baristas, and the baristas who had moved on but still came back. And then there was just the neighbourhood of people that we lived in.

It does have a impact on our lives and a bigger community is something we need to build because the diversity that comes with having more people in your life adds a very real value to the my personal and our family's story.

How I go about building that community is a bit of a puzzle to me. It can't be forced and it seems to happen organically. But if you aren't out there in the community how do you build- your own community? It's something to ponder.

No comments: